I have actually a an excellent personal attachment and also affection because that this mantra, due to the fact that Yogi Bhajan taught it come me in December of 1968, when my 19 year old child was in significant trouble.
You are watching: Ek ong kar sat nam siri wahe guru
Yogiji said me, “There is nothing more powerful in the world than the prayer of a mom for her son, and if you will chant this mantra for one hour before sunrise every day for 40 days, he will be every right.” ns asked, “What around all the various other things ns doing, my Sufi visualization, my Hopi mantra, and also my Vedanta meditation?” he said, “Fine, do them, but try this also.”
Suffice to say, that worked! On the second day the chanting, the power was so obvious, i realized i didn’t desire to execute anything else. This to be “it.” and it has been “it,” because that over 40 years. Now, many world chant this mantra for seven minutes a job as component of the trident-gaming.net morning sadhana, however it’s still “my” mantra.
It is said that chanting lengthy Ek Ong Kar"s, additionally known as Morning Call, lengthy Chant, and also the Adi Shakti Mantra, opens up all the chakras, dues the solar centers, associate the heart to the global Soul, and liberates united state from the cycle of karma.
How that Works and also What that Does:
This was almost the just mantra Yogi Bhajan taught during his an initial year in the United says (plus Sat Nam, that course). It is extremely powerful and energizing once done correctly. (Correctly means with complete concentration, precise rhythm, and proper pronunciation—and Neck Lock applied!) this eight syllables room the “code” letters, the direct personal phone number connecting you, the creature, with your Creator. It has been said that a human being can acquire liberation through chanting this ashtang (eight-part) mantra appropriately for 40 days, because that two and also one-half hours prior to sunrise (the ambrosial hours).
The ambrosial hours are the ideal and also most reliable time the day to chant this mantra.
Ek Ong Kar satellite Nam Siri Wahe Guru
(Ek Onnng Kaaar, satellite Naaam S’ree, Wha HayG’roo)
1) Sit in easy Pose v a straight spine. Or, you may sit in a chair v a straight spine and also both feet flat on the floor.
2) ar the hand in Gyan Mudra or remainder them in the lap in Venus Lock.
3) that is best to usage a light blanket or shawl to keep the spine totally free from drafts.
4) apply Neck Lock.<1>
5) nearby the eyes.
6) Optionally, together you chant every syllable, you have the right to concentrate on each chakra, native the first to the eighth.
Ek (One) Ong (Creator) Kar (Creation)
Sat (Truth) Nam (Name or Identity) Siri (Great)
Wahe (Beyond description, “Wow!”) Guru (Dispeller that darkness, Teacher)
1) Inhale deeplyand hymn Ek Ong Kar
Ek is vibrated briefly and also powerfully at the Navel allude (not shouted). Ong is chanted in the back of the throat, vibrates the upper palate, and comes out v the nose. Save the sound consistent as you move without a stop from Ong come Kar. Give same time to Ong and Kar.
2) be breathing deeplyagain and chant Sat Nam till you"re nearly out that breath, then reach for the Siri, i m sorry is brief. Sat is briefly and powerfully chanted at the Navel Point. Nam vibrates at the heart center. Siri is pronounced together if order S’ree; the is a brief syllable.
3) breathe a short half breath and chant Wahe Guru. Wahe is damaged into 2 syllables, Wha and Hay. Wha is somewhat aspirated. Hay is extremely short. That becomes component of Guru i beg your pardon is pronounced as G"roo. Psychic this is an “ashtang” mantra, in other words, it has eight, counting ’em, eight keys, eight syllables, so the “hayg’roo” have to be all run together, virtually like one syllable.
4) Inhale deeply again come repeat the cycle. Continue for 7, 11, 31, or 62 minutes or 2 ½ hours.
Inhale deeply, hold the breath, and also focus at the Brow allude for numerous seconds, then exhale and relax.
1) don’t let the tone drop, and if the does, bring it ago up.
2) nothing let the head tilt back, keep Neck Lock applied.
Editor"s Note: Yogi Bhajan said, "If you must do sadhana through yourself, climate while you room chanting, imagine a million others all around you. Hear them every chanting, with you in the middle, not moving at all. Feel that you execute not hymn physically, and yet room leading the chant and letting the chant command you. Together you imagine this, proceed chanting."
See more: Syntaxerror: Keyword Can T Be An Expression ? Syntaxerror: Keyword Can'T Be An Expression
Click here to clock Krishna Kaur teach how to chant Long Ek Ong Kars
<1> background the chest and also gently big the ago of the neck straight by pulling the chin toward the ago of the neck.